Storybook Favorites - My Three Favorite Storybooks

First Storybook- My Brothers Grimm: The Diary of the Only Grim Sister


(The Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm by Arthur Rackham via Flickr)


    The topic of this storybook were the tales of the Brothers Grimm and while I have heard of these stories, I have never read them for myself. With that being the case, I believe that this storybook does a fantastic job of explaining the original story while adding on an interesting twist. For the design of the pages, I thought the black background along with the font of the words really drove in the creepy and whimsical vibe that original stories portray. However, I’m not sure if it was only me, but I found the words somewhat difficult to read. Overall, this storybook did a great job of introducing some of the Brothers Grimm tales while adding on an original concept to the stories.




(SpongeBob by Michelle Ress via Flickr)

    The stories told in the storybook were based on real stories but were told in the world of SpongeBob. While the stories were told while replacing the characters in the original with SpongeBob characters, I feel like there were some details omitted from the original stories that made it somewhat difficult to understand (the second story to be specific). However, the author’s note explained the original stories in detail which helped to clear up some of the confusion. While reading, I also noticed quite a bit of grammatical errors but despite these errors, the storybook did a good job in recreating the stories using SpongeBob characters. Overall, this storybook takes a lot of different tales and retells them in a unique way by using characters that a lot of us are familiar with.


Third StorybookFriends of Oz


(Dorothy and her companions from Wizard of Oz (1939) via Flickr)

    

    The topic of this storybook were details about the backgrounds of some of the main characters from the Wizard of Oz. It explained the reasons on how the personalities of the characters came to be how they were in the original story. I enjoyed how the setting of the storybook is in college, making it relatable to most if not all the people reading the storybook. I also really enjoyed the addition of comedy and real life situations throughout the storybook.  Overall, this storybook created a good background story of the characters while also making it relatable and comedic.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Chris the Computer Science Major

Week 2 Story: The Lost Prince