Feedback Strategies: My Thoughts

The two articles I read for this blog were "Try Feedforward Instead of Feedback" by Marshall Goldsmith and "How to Give Bad Feedback Without Being a Jerk" by Adam Grant. Throughout these two articles, I learned about this idea of feedforward where instead of giving feedback while sandwiching it between compliments, you can instead give suggestions on what to do in the future. This way is not only effective in improving someone’s work in the future by giving good suggestions, but it also is more effective in getting people to actually listen to the advice you’re giving them. This strategy is new to me as I am definitely the type of person that gives compliments first and then tries to give feedback in the politest way possible. However, this new method of feedforward seems helpful and I will definitely give it a try when giving feedback.

(Feedback via Feedback Padlet)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Chris the Computer Science Major

Week 2 Story: The Lost Prince