Feedback Thoughts

The two articles that I read were “Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work” by John Spencer as well as “A fixed mindset could be holding you back — here's how to change it” by Anna Kelsey-Sugg and Ann Arnold. When reading these two articles, I couldn’t help but notice the multiple references to the growth mindset and how it relates to feedback. Having a growth mindset really changes the way you look at feedback because since you are willing to improve, you are able to take the feedback that you receive to help better yourself. In terms of feedback in general, I actually really enjoy receiving feedback as I feel like it helps me learn more. I like knowing exactly what I did wrong so that I won’t miss it the next time I see it. I think personally, I like more negative feedback a little more so that I know what I can improve on, but positive feedback never hurts. Overall, I think that feedback is really important in learning and improving one’s self.



(Feedback Cat by Laura Gibbs via Flickr)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Chris the Computer Science Major

Week 2 Story: The Lost Prince