Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Saints and Animals

Week 4: Aesop (Jacobs)

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Sinbad

Week 6: Twenty-Two Goblins 

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: The Monkey King

Week 9: Laos

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Alaska

Week 11: Cherokee

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: English Tales

Week 13: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Crane

Week 15: Librivox 

When reading and looking through the unTextbook, I found a lot of sections that looked interesting to me.  I am only familiar with Greek mythology so I think this could be a great opportunity to branch out and learn about mythology/folktales from other cultures. If I had to choose one unit to be excited for, it would be the Middle Eastern and Indian unit because it sounds really interesting and unique based on the synopsis of the tales.



(Twenty-Two Goblins Arthur W. Ryder via Internet Archive)
Comment: I chose this picture because from all the sections, these tales are the ones I'm most excited for.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Chris the Computer Science Major

Week 2 Story: The Lost Prince