Week 4 Lab: Storybook Research



(Till Eulenspiegel via Wikimedia Commons)

Storybook Layout:

For Anansi's stories, I will be combining a couple of stories into one bragging point (story) for this specific trickster as the stories are pretty short.  Anansi will start off talking about how they tricked the tiger so many times by combining these specific stories (Story 1, Story 2, Story 3).  Then Anansi will later use these set of stories (Story 4, Story 5) as a larger bragging point.

For Till Eulenspiegel's stories, I will use two stories with the first being "How Eulenspiegel Healed the Sick" and "How Eulenspiegel Danced on the High Wire" from this source. (If I could get maybe one more source or more stories for this trickster, it would be much appreciated)

For Coyote's stories, I will be using two stories with the first being "Coyote and Grizzly" and "Coyote and the Dragon". (If I could get a couple more reliable websites for stories on this trickster, it'd be much appreciated)

For the storybook, there will be two rounds of "bragging" and retelling of stories to convince each other who is the better trickster.  The first round will consist of the first stories stated above for each trickster (first set of stories for Anansi) and the second round will consist of the second stories for each trickster (second set of stories for Anansi).  This is because I would like for the more intense, large pranks to be second for the storybook.  I will be retelling the stories very similarly to the original but in my own words.  After each story (or after every round because I haven't decided yet), I will have some dialogue between the tricksters to drive in the point that this a competition for best trick.

These are just some of the images I found: Till Eulenspiegel, Anansi, Coyote (I will need to look up more images but I need to check if they are available for public use).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Chris the Computer Science Major

Week 2 Story: The Lost Prince